The cooperative was formed out of the membership of the Kintyre farm woodlands Collaboration project. The project facilitated over a 2 year period, a small group of woodland owners and workers to develop their understanding of small woodlands through training, workshops, study tours and practical demonstrations case/studies.
A small group of small woods owners involved in the pilot, formed the Cooperative in 2014 with the following objectives:
- To coordinate woodland management activity in harvesting, planting, selling and wood fuel.
- To advise on woodland/forest plans
- To encourage collaboration on advice, information, equipment and manpower
- To organise and run knowledge sharing events for woodland owners and workers
- To organise and run practical woodland/forestry skills courses.
Membership of the Cooperative will provide access to:
- Collaborative opportunities on harvesting, selling woodland products and wood fuel
- MyForest woodland planning software and advice on Forest Plans
- Signpost to woodland management information and access to equipment and manpower
- Reduced cost access to demonstration events and woodland skills courses
Click here to join.